- Mt. Auburn Hospital in Cambridge, MA
- Lowell General Hospital in Lowell, MA
- Emerson Hospital in Concord, MA
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston, MA
- Saint Vincent Hospital in Worcester, MA
- Winchester Hospital in Winchester, MA
Our hope is that the list of hospitals within The A.C.D.K. Hope Foundation network continues to grow and our impact to the baby-loss community continues to be sustained through the help and generosity of our supporters.We cannot mend the grieving hearts of Moms and Dads as they walk out of the hospital with empty arms in the days following their precious baby’s death. However, we are able to fill their arms with a memory box, which contains beautiful memorial treasures, while offering an understanding ear because we’ve been there, too…we know the journey they’ve embarked upon and we’re here to help along the way. The A.C.D.K. Hope Foundation has helped hundreds of families along their journey of grief, and our mission is to help hundreds of thousands more!
The A.C.D.K. Hope Foundation’s mission is comprised of three parts:
- The majority of our proceeds fund the creation of A.C.D.K Hope Foundation Memory Boxes for the Massachusetts hospitals aforementioned. Memory boxes are commonly provided to parents after the death of a baby and are known to comfort throughout the grieving process. The A.C.D.K. Hope Foundation Memory Boxes contain beautiful memorial treasures such as a handmade hat and blanket, journals, poetry, books for Mom and Dad, photo album, and more. A sample memory box is pictured here:
- The A.C.D.K. Hope Foundation is pleased to provide peer support to grieving parents as they set forth on their journey of grief. Additionally, we’re proud to announce our co-founders Julie O’Callaghan-Paige and Christine Piretti-Boudreau are Certified Bereavement Doulas through Stillbirthday. Certified Bereavement Doulas support families in the birthing process of a child that has died in utero, or is anticipated to die shortly after birth. It is also common for co-founders to speak to hospital staff surrounding our important work; please contact us at theACDKhopefoundation@gmail.com for more details.
- To give back to Rindy’s HOPE Group, a bereavement group supporting parents through the death of a child from miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal death or SIDS. Rindy’s HOPE is where founders Julie, Christine and Jeana met. It is a place where countless families have safely and lovingly gathered over the last 35 years while remembering their child(ren). The A.C.D.K. Hope Foundation is honored to continue to support their important work while helping alleviate expenses related to newsletters, reading materials as well as memorial service costs. The HOPE Group meets on the second Wednesday of every month at 7:30 p.m. Meetings are located in the first floor conference room at 200 Unicorn Park Drive, Woburn, MA. Please contact Donna McDonnell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit their website at www.RindysHope.org.